Friday 23 August 2013

Mumbo jumbo, morning rituals and being three weeks old...

I've been trying to make sense of the mumbo jumbo of words and feelings to conjure up some sort of written story about our new life with a daughter. I think it will take some more time before I can put it all into words and even then how do you describe something like that in a simple language? Impossible.

Right now Minea is sleeping close to me in her new sling, our morning ritual includes getting up around 7 am after a feeding in bed, a quick diaper change, then her and I go make some coffee. By the time I sit down with my cup she’s already asleep again. I love our quiet couple of hours in the morning, letting Venessa sleep in while getting some one on one time with Minea is a massive win-win!

Today she is three weeks old and I've never felt so alive.