Thursday 6 October 2011

First!

“You should start a blog!” “You need to write about our lives, we do pretty cool stuff you know?” Maybe there’s people out there going through the same things as us and would love to read about our life” Venessa has been bugging me for months to start a blog. Truth is I’m kind of (really) self conscious about putting all these words and pictures out there, I barely share myself with the people I know, how can I share with...the infinite internet? 

I write a lot. I always have, just me and a new word document and the blinking marker waiting patiently for my next move. Maybe that’s why it’s so easy for me to type rather than talk, you can’t take pauses when you talk. You can’t go for a walk in the middle of a conversation with a friend and go for a walk to clear you mind before you continue your sentence. So I often end up saying nothing, or very little, but in my head and fingertips there’s whole books full of memories and thoughts, volumes of everyday stories and poems. And I sometimes wonder if I’m really going to walk through life being an untold story. I think my biggest fear is leaving here without anybody really knowing who I was. Portraying a pale, distant and foggy version of the full spectrum of a person. So why not? Why not use the only way I have ever known how to express myself.

So there you have it, my first blog post. I did it.